Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gimmicks and the Like



Every Easter, Christmas or whenever it happens. Churches using gimmicks to get people to their "Church."

Nothing wrong with trying to get people to hear the life saving message of the Gospel. The problem becomes when the focus becomes on the gimmick rather than on Jesus. Yes, I know the scripture where it says I become all things to all people so that I win some. The problem with this is context. The issue is how far do you go? And with these gimmicks - what is the self-serving purpose? Discipleship? Numbers? PR? For whom? How is it helping the Kingdom of God increase?

Here is one of the Latest

What you win them with ..is what you have to keep them with. If you win them with Jesus ...keep being Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I read about a church in Vegas that was giving away Disney vacations in the hopes of attracting people at Easter. It's just sad. Tools to build excitement I understand. Bribes I do not. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete